In order to perform these functions and meet the requirements put forth by the California Department of Developmental Services, applicants for the In-Home Respite Care Services provider position must:
1) Able to legally work in the United States;
2) 18 years of age or older;
3) Have a high school diploma or GED;
4) Have unexpired CPR/First Aid Certificate
5) Able to pass a background check and receive a fingerprint clearance card from the authorized agency;
6) Able to provide 3 verifiable non-family references including one previous employer.
7) Have a vehicle with a valid driver's license to drive to the client's home.
8) Must be computer literate; must have an email address and other technology devices needed for communication with families and agency personnel, and have an ability to access the internet to submit required documentations electronically.
Because of the essential duties and responsibilities of the In-Home Respite Care Service provider position, applicants for the position must:
1) Able to lift up no more than 40 lbs.; be able to walk, bend, squat, turn in the knees, back, wrists and shoulders, and grasp with both hands (in order to properly perform the techniques taught in CPR/First Aid, Client Intervention Techniques, and Lifting and Carrying Techniques);
2) Able to see and hear with or without correction;
3) Able to speak, read, and write English;